The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), through its many programs and activities, connects manufacturing practitioners to each other, to the latest
technologies and to the most up-to-date processes spanning all manufacturing industries and disciplines,including the key areas of aerospace and defense,
medical device, motor vehicles/motorsports, oil and gas, and alternative energy.
Visit http://www.sme.org to learn more.
SME technical communities and local chapters allow members to connect, interact,
and exchange ideas and information from one peer to another.
• SME’s Technical Community Network connects manufacturing practitioners of
specific technologies to solve technical and business challenges.
• Local chapters help build a member network in your own backyard, meet potential
customers, partners and employers and gain leadership opportunities.
SME’s industry-leading events keep manufacturers connected — to each other
and to the latest manufacturing equipment, production methods and management
• Highlight emerging technologies.
• Connect people who influence purchase
decisions with the people who provide
• Present new processes, procedures
• Bring together leading industry experts and
provide networking opportunities.
• Present in-depth technical and
PUBLICATIONS & TECHNICAL INFO
• Manufacturing Engineering® magazine:
– The authoritative voice on manufacturing
with a total qualified circulation of more
– METV — Web-streaming video channel
showcasing “Fundamentals of
– Manufacturing Engineering Yearbooks —
In-depth industry analysis on medical,
aerospace/defense, manufacturing for
energy and motorized vehicle
• Webinars— Led by industry experts on a
variety of technical topics.
• More than 600 books, CDs and DVDs that
expand manufacturing knowledge.
• Two scholarly peer-reviewed journals on
manufacturing systems breakthroughs and
pioneering processes and advances.
• E-newsletters providing timely articles on
lean techniques and quality in manufacturing
• Archive of manufacturing knowledge with
more than 17,000 technical papers.
• Ask the Librarian — Providing access to
extremely detailed or hard-to-locate
• SME Daily Executive Briefing — A roundup of
current manufacturing news.
SME provides technical and practical training
for various manufacturing processes and
• SME Certifications — Industry-recognized
programs that document knowledge, skills
and abilities within specific job categories or
• On-Site Training — Customized to one
company or offered as a public course.
• Online Training — “Shop-floor” series with
185 courses and a specialized six-sigma
training and certification program.
SME EDUCATION FOUNDATION (SME-EF)
SME-EF inspires our youth to pursue careers
in manufacturing and supports students
studying for an engineering-related career
in a global economy.
• Summer Hands-On Programs — Focus on
science, technology, engineering and
mathematics experiences for elementary,
middle and high school students.
• College Scholarships — More than $500,000
available to students in manufacturingrelated
degree programs. (Submission
deadline: Feb. 1)
• http://www.manufacturingiscool.com —
An interactive Web site where students can
explore manufacturing careers.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
The International Awards & Recognition
Program honors the best and brightest for their
• International Honor Awards. (Nomination
deadline: August 1)
• Award of Merit. (Nomination deadline:
• Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer
Award. (Nomination deadline: August 1)
• SME College of Fellows. (Nomination
deadline: Dec. 1)
• The NAMRI/S.M. Wu Research
• Many other technology-specific awards.
SME offers customized corporate packages
that include employee memberships,
certification and training.
SME JOBS CONNECTION
A searchable jobs bank specializing in
manufacturing jobs. Priority listing for SME